Information that we collect and how we use it
- We collect information about individuals and users in a number of different ways including but not limited to: direct from individuals (for example, when you register an account, when you use one of our products, or when you sign up for a newsletter), publicly available information, and through cookies, and/or similar technology.
- We primarily use the information to provide you with a more personalised experience that delivers the information, resources, and services that are most relevant and helpful to you.
- We will only share information that you provide to us with others if you provide explicit consent, or when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
How we protect your personal information
- We maintain technical and administrative safeguards to protect the information that you provide to us against loss, misuse or unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
- Trenport complies with all Data Protection/Privacy regulations, laws and industry best practices in respect of the security around your personal information.
Who has access to your personal information
How you can correct, amend, or delete your personal information
- You will need to contact us with a request detailing any corrections, amendments or deletions. Requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to opt-out
- If you have submitted your Personal Data and later decide that you would like us to discontinue processing your Personal Data as set out in this Policy and you do not wish to receive information of products and services which may be of interest to you from us or carefully selected third parties, you may opt-out by sending us an email to email@example.com. Please specify the activities set out in this Policy that you would like us to refrain from. Upon receipt of a written opt-out request, we shall discontinue processing your Personal Data as requested.
The Website (“www.trenport.co.uk”), is operated by Trenport Property Holdings Ltd (“Trenport/we/our/us”), a company incorporated in England (Company Number 09417510) with its registered address at 2nd Floor, 14 St George Street, London W1S 1FE, United Kingdom.
The purpose of this statement is to set out the purposes for which, and the manner in which, we may collect and use personal information that we may obtain about you.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Trenport. All details supplied to Trenport will be safeguarded both by this Policy and also by the Data Protection Act 1998.
Information that we collect and how we use it
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from establishing which browser you are using, to useful things like help to buy guides and helping you with the moving process.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, some of our services require you to register an account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name and email address to store with your account. Personal Data may be requested by us or voluntarily forwarded by you through one of the electronic mail hypertext links present in the body of the Website. When you provide such personal information, you accept that we may retain your personal information and that it may be held by us or any third party that processes it on our behalf for the purposes of providing the information, goods or services which you have requested. Any third parties who process personal information on our behalf are required to maintain the confidentiality and privacy of the personal information that they process for us. If you want to take full advantage of the services we offer, we might also ask you to opt-in to receive emails, texts, post and/or telephone calls from Trenport, related property partners and other companies who offer services that we think will be relevant to you before, during and after you move home. If you do opt-in to receive relevant information from us or our related property partners or other companies, you may opt-out by contacting us directly to amend your information. Details of how to do this can be found at the end of this Policy. If you do contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Sensitive data. We shall not request, collect or process any Personal Data of a sensitive nature from you without first obtaining your express consent.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you search for a property or download our Help-to-Buy Guide. We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We may use information you give us or which we obtain for the following purposes:
- to register you with our Website and to manage any account you hold with us.
- to facilitate your browsing experience with us.
- we may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example automatically recommending products and/or services which we think will interest you from the information we have.
- subject to your consent, to give to companies and organisations whose products we think may be relevant to you. We will always notify you when you provide your information to us if your information will be shared with other companies or organisations. Your express consent will be obtained and you shall retain the right to opt-out by contacting us as outlined at the end of this Policy.
Without limitation to the foregoing we may disclose any information and data relating to you to the police or any regulatory or government authority including but not limited to law enforcement agencies in response to a request in connection with the investigation of any suspected illegal activities.
Calls may be recorded to verify content and may be used together with other customer records for regulatory compliance, quality control and staff training, preventing or detecting criminal activity and for complaint resolution.
Disclosure of your information
We may give information about you to the following companies and organisations, who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
- to other companies in the Group
- to employees and agents of the Group and other approved third parties to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by the Group now or in the future
- where you have agreed that we may do so, we may keep you informed of products and services. We will only contact you if you have specifically consented to electronic mail or you are an existing customer who has bought (or negotiated to buy) a product or service from Trenport in the past, so as long as you consented to receive communication from Trenport via the communicated channel. These products and services may include products and services of other companies and organisations and including special offers, discounts, offers, competitions and so on) which we consider may be of interest to you by any of the following methods:
- agents who (on our behalf) profile your data so that we may tailor the goods/services we offer to your specific needs
- to anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you
- In the event of a merger or sale of all or part of our business whereby personal information may be transferred as an asset of the business.
- if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so
Security of personal information
We take the security and disclosure of personal information very seriously and as such we will not sell, trade, rent or otherwise provide personal information sent to us via our site to any third parties save as set out above.
We are mindful of the importance of upholding the security of information under our control. All data collected through our site that is stored electronically, is stored on secure servers, and we have stringent security and confidentiality procedures covering the storage and disclosure of such information, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the privacy of your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information you disclose on-line. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and transacting over the Internet, and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security, unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
Your rights to see your personal data
You have the right to see the personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) that we keep about you, on receipt of a written request, verification of your identity, and payment of a £10 fee. If you wish to see the personal data that we hold on you or to object to the use we have made of your personal data, please contact us at the following address:
Subject Access Request
Trenport Property Holdings Ltd
2nd Floor, 14 St George Street, London, W1S 1FE